Desert Vista Dog Park Rules
Yep. There are rules!
The Desert Vista Dog Park is run and managed by the Town of Fountain Hills. For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors ( human and dog ) and to preserve the nearby residents rights of peaceful enjoyment of their residences – the Town has issued the rules below. While the rules may seem extensive – remember the intent is for safety and to allow all humans and dogs to enjoy this great park!
ADOG’s Involvement in the Rules
ADOG acts a a liaison representing local dog owners and the Town. ADOG does not set or enforce any rules issued by the Town. ADOG and its members want to ensure that there is a positive relationship between dog owners, the Town and the local residents and will therefore advise and work with the Town as appropriate.
To report violations of the rules please contact the Sheriffs Department at 602-876-1869.
For dog bites to humans – call 911.
For dog bites to other dogs that are aggressive and result in injury – call Animal Control: 602-506-7387
DOG PARK RULES
1) Dogs must wear a visible and current license.
2) Dogs must be physically restrained by a leash not to exceed 6 feet until completely inside the enclosed facility and when returning to the parking lot.
3) A limit of three dogs per handler at one time.
4) Female dogs in heat and un-neutered male dogs are not permitted within the facility
5) Gates must be kept closed at all times after entrance/exit.
6) Dog handlers must be within the facility and supervise their dogs at all times.
7) Dog waste must be removed and properly disposed of in the receptacles located throughout the park.
8) Dog handlers may not allow their dogs to bark continuously.
9) No dogs known to be aggressive toward other dogs or people may enter the dog park.
10) Leash/remove your dog at the first sign of aggression. Handler must carry a leash, not to exceed 6 feet for each dog under their care.
11) An adult must accompany/supervise children under 15 at all times. Children need to behave in an appropriate manner: no running, no chasing dogs, no petting of other dogs unless the owner/handler grants permission.
12) No skateboards, in-line skates or bicycles in the dog park.
13) The dog handler must repair any damages done to the park (ex. digging).
14) All dog handlers who fail to comply with these rules can be asked to leave or be cited if appropriate. Repeat offenders may be banned from the park.
15) Users of this park do so at their own risk. The Town of Fountain Hills shall not be liable for any injury or damages sustained in this park. Dog owners are legally responsible for their dog’s actions, and are liable for any injuries caused to their dogs.
16) In case of a dog bite call 911 then notify Maricopa Animal Control at (602) 506-7387